Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Baby and Burek


I went for my first check-up today at the hospital where I will deliver our baby. The baby is measuring at almost 10 weeks with a very strong heartbeat! I'm weighing 58 kilos. I really like weighing in kilos because it always sounds low compared to pounds :) I told my doctor that I am craving Burek EVERY day. He said it's okay for now but I need to be careful as the pregnancy progresses because Burek is such a high calorie food. In case you don't know about Macedonian burek...just trust me, It's delicious!! The picture above shows a yogurt drink, which is what most Macedonians drink with their yogurt. I personally don't care for this yogurt drink. My favorite drink for these days is Sprite and I'm SO glad Macedonia has Sprite. I'm not sure if I could survive this first trimester without it:)

5 comments:

Brian, Mandy, Kate, Thomas, and Isaiah said...

amen to the sprite thing. i whole-heartedly second that emotion. glad everything went well.

Jeff and Amy Williams said...

funny..I used to love burek until I got pregnant... Good to hear the doctor's appointment went well.

Sheila said...

Ervin wants the recipe!

gary & kimber said...

Glad everything is going well. Burek looks yummy; is it a little like baklava?

Unknown said...

Hi there! i stumbled upon your blog today and I am soooo glad that I did. I am just glad that there are people out there, like yourselves, who love making a difference in other people's lives.

I am a Macedonian myself (been out of the country for 17 years). I am craving burek something bad and I am not even pregnant. Happy eating!

Irena