Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Stuffed Peppers and Tomatoes

Evka and Blaze came over last Saturday to spend time with us. They are our landlords. They have been very kind to us, especially to add an AC unit in the living room and a washing machine in the bathroom:) They have been helping us to learn more about the Macedonian culture. They are both retired teachers.
First they took us to the green market to help us select the best meats and vegetables. When we got back to the house, Evka and I started cooking. She showed me how to cook the onions, meat, Vegeta seasoning, and parsley together. This mixture is what I used to stuff the tomatoes and peppers. Honestly I did not expect to enjoy this meal but it turned out really delicious! Actually I'm going to try to cook this same (by myself- without Evka's help) this Saturday for guests. :) Hopefully it will turn out just as good!



http://www.razzledazzlerecipes.com/ethnic-recipes/greek/greek-stuffed-peppers.htm

5 comments:

Angela said...

You look so right at home there Jill!! I am so happy to see that God has made provisions in the way of local people that are willing to show you the ropes.

Praying for you today!!!

~Angela

Sheila said...

Yummy! Nice to meet you Evka and Blaze. Thanks for caring for our family. I might have to try that meal.
Love to all!

Chris and Cheryl said...

Hey JIll! I am so glad to see you are forming some great relationships with the people there. What a great opportunity to have your landlords in your home and to cook together with Evka. I would LOVE to have that recipe whenever you have time to send it. It looks absolutely delicious! Hope you all are well. Love and miss you! Cher

Ed and Jamie said...

Looks Yummy!

Anonymous said...

let me know if you need another guest for that!