Monday, July 21, 2008

#22

Have I mentioned yet that I have a great language teacher? Well, today Maya really came to my rescue...Let me start from when I left my house this morning. I know every morning that I need to catch the number 22 bus so I walked to the bus stop and started looking for my #22. So along came a #22 or what I thought was a #22. Actually it was a #2 not #22. There were two #2 signs beside one another on the front of this bus so it really looked like #22 to me. I hopped on in and found a seat. Very soon I noticed that this bus was going in a very different direction than the school. I thought "hmm...maybe I am just mistaken and I don't remember these landmarks, but I'm sure this is going the right way since it's #22." So I kept sitting on the bus and after several stops I KNEW I had made a mistake. I went forward to speak with the bus driver to see if he spoke any English. He did not so I didn't know what to do. I rode the bus line to the end (which was about 8 stops) and then I got off. I did not recognize anything around me and I honestly didn't know where I was. I called Maya and explained that I was lost. I told her I had accidently taken #2 instead of #22. She got off her bus and took a #2 to find me! She is SO sweet! She came and helped me find my way! The bus driver said that he would not charge me again because I had had a bad enough day:) So, the lesson I learned....to look at the number on the side of the bus and not just the front of the bus. It seems like I'm learning a lot of these lessons:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jill, Eric and Sawyer,
God is Good All the Time....even on the wrong bus! He is watching over you and truly affirming your faithfulness every step and misstep of the way. Nothing is a surprise to HIM! I love the pictures of Sawyer on your postings. He is such a sweetie! Macedonia looks like a lovely country, as well as being important in our heritage as Christians. Maybe one day Mrs. Pat will come for a visit! Give my boy a big hug....Love, Mrs. Pat

Brian, Mandy, Kate, Thomas, and Isaiah said...

What a nice bus driver. Think of all the funny stories you are accumulating. :0) We will be praying for you guys as you continue to get acclammated to your surroundings. Skopje is a tough place, and we still haven't figured out the bus system up there. If you need anything, give us a call or send us a message on facebook. And, if you want to come for a vacation, let us know. Brian, Mandy and Kate

Anonymous said...

I can definitely relate to getting lost while on a public bus! Miss the 3 of ya!- Ryan

The Brown's said...

Jill-I'm so happy to have your blog-it's great to see where you are and hear how things are going. We will continue to pray for your family! Love, Julie